How to make fudge in the crockpot

Hello there, wonderful people!

It's the Holiday season.

It's time to make fudge again.

This is SO easy a four-year-old could do it (unless her mom shoos her out of
the kitchen so nobody knows how much fudge got eaten in the name of Quality
Control).

Slow Cooker Fudge

serves 10 to 20; or 2 on date night

3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 tablespoon salted butter

cooking spray to spray down the crock

parchment paper or non-stick foil to line a 9 x 9 baking pan

Use a 4-quart slow cooker. If you only have a 6-quart, that's okay, but it will
melt faster, so keep an eye on your chocolate.

Spray the crock well with cooking spray

(PS: I recommend using a "traditional" stoneware crock for melting chocolate --
not one with a metal pot (Ninja, instantpot) because those materials get hotter
faster than the ceramic/stoneware does.)

Dump everything into the pot. Cover, and cook on high for about 1 hour, or on
low for about 2 hours.

Stir every 30 minutes.

Once the chocolate has lost it's form and can be stirred into a liquid state,
spread it out into a lined 9 x 9 baking pan.

Chill in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours) before cutting into
bite-sized squares.

The Verdict.

It's perfect. I wondered how the consistency would be without marshmallow
fluff, but the condensed milk made the same sort of smooth texture with the
chocolate as I wanted.

Because the mixture doesn't need to get boiled to a candy-making boiling point,
this is a great recipe for kids.

If you'd like to, go ahead and add chopped nuts or candy canes for a peppermint
version.

Long Live Fudge!!

have a happy Friday Eve!

happy slow cooking!!

"If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges
each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more
love, patience, tolerance, and care."

-Marvin J. Ashton

🙏

I appreciate the second chance of life at:

-Sugar, ❤😘