Linda's almost traditional easy peasey pozole

Pozole is a soup that is made and eaten throughout Mexico during the holiday season. My kids request that I make this every Christmas,  and it is very easy.

    This recipe will not have exact measurements, but if you have questions about it, feel free to ask.

Pozole

1 5lb pork butt  roast simmered along with a medium quartered yellow onion, and 4 cloves of garlic. (Just cover the meat with water to simmer.

When meat starts to feel tender, add two 28-ounce  cans hominy, one 29 ounce can red chili de las palmas enchilada sauce, and one 29 ounce can green enchilada sauce.

Continue to cook until the meat falls apart. Break it apart with a fork as it will be very tender.

Top this soup with shredded cabbage, red chopped onion, fresh green chiles, sliced radishes, and sprinkle with Mexican oregano and either a little lime or lemon juice. Enjoy.

Serve with tostadas, or make your own by frying corn tortillas in hot oil until crispy.