From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Johna Gravitt via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 11:47 AM
To: Cooking in the Dark <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Johna Gravitt <jgrav...@benderconsult.com>
Subject: Re: [CnD] From Scratch recipe for CrockPot Fondue.

What are the little dippers?

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Sugar Lopez via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 2:32 PM
To: CND <Cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Sugar Lopez <sugarsy...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [CnD] From Scratch recipe for CrockPot Fondue.

From Scratch recipe for CrockPot Fondue.

Happy Tuesday!

I hope you are doing well and are taking care of yourself.

I am comfort eating.

and I don't even really care, because New Year's is coming and I'm going to
worry about all the extra nonsense calories I've been eating then.

Have you ever seen the fondue kits they sell in the grocery store? Now flip the
packaging over and read the ingredients....

hmm. There's a lot of stuff in there that's not all that pronounceable!! I am
not a purist or a food snob in any way --- I'm happy with melting Velveeta down
and mixing it with a can of Rotel! :-)

BUT. Sometimes you want something a bit more sophisticated. And that's a-okay.
Here is a

From Scratch recipe for CrockPot Fondue.

AND? You can use these super cute new Little Dippers  which a friend just
shared with me and NOW I WANT THEM...

anyways...

How to Make Homemade From Scratch Cheese Fondue

The Ingredients.

serves 4 to 6

3/4 cup TOTAL of "fancy cheese"

 --> I used 1/4 cup goat, 1/4 cup gruyere, and 1/4 cup swiss <--

1/4 cup white wine

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

The Directions.

Shred the hard cheese and put them in the Little Dipper.

Add the goat cheese.

Pour in the white wine and sprinkle the nutmeg on top.

No need to stir---it will melt together.

Plug in the Little Dipper. Cook for 45 minutes, then stir.

Cover again and heat until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Serve with bread, croutons, crackers, or your favorite dipping vegetables.

I made large croutons out of a loaf brown rice bread since we are gluten free.

All I did was brush olive oil on both sides, and sprinkle with Kosher salt and
pepper.

Then bake at 400 until golden, flipping once.

HEY STEPH:  I don't like gruyere!!

Then use something you DO like.

:-)

The Verdict.

Very tasty.

PS: mix up the cheeses however you'd like --- sharp cheddar, brie, pepper jack
--

what's great about this particular recipe is that it will melt nicely and still
be thick without needing to add flour.

This keeps this fondue keto and low carb friendly, along with being naturally
gluten free.

The white wine provides a bit of a "bite" -- but if you do not want to add
alcohol, use apple cider instead.

enjoy!!

happy slow cooking!! steph

Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient
and always to be kind.

🙏

I appreciate the second chance of life at:

-Sugar, ❤😘