Dear colleagues,

We recently have been notified about the following, which we think this may be
an area that RIPE community members have an interest in commenting on. At this
stage we do not have more information than what is posted on the webpages
mentioned below.

"The European Commission has launched a call for tenders for a service contract
to conduct a study to support the definition phase of the Next Generation
Internet initiative. In their offer, the tenderer should demonstrate a deep
knowledge of the Future Internet area and key applications, from a technical
perspective, notably through relevant previous work of similar nature (SMART
2016/0033

The overall objective of the study is to support the definition phase of the
Next Generation Internet initiative. This includes developing a concept for a
new research and innovation initiative on next generation Internet and engaging
with a broader community of stakeholders.”

More information about this tender and the Next Generation Internet Initiative
can be found on the Commission’s website:

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/next-generation-internet-2025

Regards,

Marco Hogewoning
--