Hi Jason:

For some reason that I don't understand, some users find they need to issue the command

source /usr/local/xtal/coot/bin/init.sh

prior to issuing the command

coot

("coot" in this context actually invokes a wrapper shell script that has that first source command in it, so that is why I don't understand why it isn't working. If someone who is experiencing this problem feels like trying an experiment, just edit that shell script file /usr/ local/xtal/coot/bin/coot and after the source line, add a line like

sleep 5

before the line that invokes coot-real. I can't reproduce the problem, so I can't test this.)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill