I second Ed's expectations.

I would like to see the pdb's I open with the --pdb option to have the bond
width I prefer. Changing it from the Edit Menu is often one of my first actions
when I open coot with command-line options.

Best,

Miguel

Le 6 avr. 2010 à 18:32, Ed Pozharski a écrit :

> It appears that when loading model/map from command line (via --pdb and
> --auto options) coot ignores the parameters defined in $HOME/.coot .
> Mine has the (set-map-sampling-rate 2.5) setting for smoother maps, but
> when I use the command line to load pdb/mtz files, the maps look more
> like sampling rate 1.5 .
>
> Workaround is to open coot from command line, then close it, and then
> reopen it and accept the dialog that loads from last coot state file.
> Maps are smooth again.  Of course, one can also load a script at the
> start that fixes the sampling rate.  I am just saying that the expected
> behavior would be to import $HOME/.coot even if there are parameters in
> the command line.  Or is it a feature?
>
> --
> Coot verendus est
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

-- Miguel

Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR6098)
CNRS, Universités d'Aix-Marseille I & II
Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel: +33(0) 491 82 55 93
Fax: +33(0) 491 26 67 20
e-mail: miguel.ortiz-lombar...@afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Web: http://www.pangea.org/mol/spip.php?rubrique2