I've been a fan of this idea since coot 0.0.33 or so :-) Great to see others
think it would be useful.

Another possibility would be a preference setting to always make a backup of
the original coordinates file. Kind of what emacs does.

Best,

Miguel

Le 9 juin 2010 à 11:47, Tim Gruene a écrit :

> Grand idea, I support it!
>
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 11:07:16AM +0200, Dirk Kostrewa wrote:
>> Dear Paul,
>>
>> another point for your wish list: usually, I save coordinates quite
>> frequently during a model building session, giving always the same name
>> for that session like "myproject-coot6.pdb". Coot always asks me to
>> select a file name and appends "-coot-0" before the ".pdb", which I find
>> quite tedious. My suggestion is: offer both a "Save Coordinates", with
>> only an initial query for the output file name, and a "Save Coordinates
>> as ..." option. That would offer the user to either quickly overwrite
>> the initial output file or save the coordinates to a new output file
>> name.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Dirk.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *******************************************************
>> Dirk Kostrewa
>> Gene Center Munich, A5.07
>> Department of Biochemistry
>> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
>> Feodor-Lynen-Str. 25
>> D-81377 Munich
>> Germany
>> Phone:       +49-89-2180-76845
>> Fax:         +49-89-2180-76999
>> E-mail:      kostr...@genzentrum.lmu.de
>> WWW: www.genzentrum.lmu.de
>> *******************************************************
>
> --
> --
> Tim Gruene
> Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
> Tammannstr. 4
> D-37077 Goettingen
>
> GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A

-- Miguel

Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR6098)
CNRS, Universités d'Aix-Marseille I & II
Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel: +33(0) 491 82 55 93
Fax: +33(0) 491 26 67 20
e-mail: miguel.ortiz-lombar...@afmb.univ-mrs.fr