On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 17:07 -0500, Jeffrey Van Voorst wrote:
> Greetings,

Greetings.  Sorry for the delay.

> I have poked around the Coot GUI and code (a little).  I have asked
> others in the same lab, but am unable to find a good answer for
> selecting a range of residues using the mouse and/or keyboard (without
> typing the selection).

If I understand the question that you are asking then there is none.
You can't - for example - use the mouse to loop atoms.

> Could you please point me in the right direction or where I can find
> more information on selections?  Also, if it is possible to select a
> range of residues in the interface, is there a C or scripting function
> to retrieve the selection string?

There are functions active_residue() and residues_near_residue().  Maybe
the results of these can be re-purposed to what you need?

Depends on what happens after you've made your residue selection...

Regards,