Dear Cootiers,

Wincoot version 0.9.6

When I read the PDB format file of 7PGU downloaded from PDBe, everything is
fine.
If I convert both the archive and updated cif from PDBe to PDB format,
everything is fine.
Fine means I see chains F and N in the Go-to menu, see the Zn links , and
can display Ca/backbone normal as traces.

If I open the archive or updated cfif file, I see an empty chain A and B in
the go-to menu, the Zn links are gone, and if I display Ca/backbone, the
chain F is interpreted/displayed as single hetero atoms (also the AA images
are dislayed like ligands).

I find nothing offensive in the cif, but if I remove from the cif the
content of the (I believe correct)
loop_
_struct_asym.id...
#
then the empty A,B chains are gone, ca/backbone is displayed correctly as
backbone traces, but the Zn links are still missing.

Can someone please verify if this finding is correct and happens on other
versions?
My suspicion is that some part of the chain assignment is interpreted
incorrectly and causes the mess.

Best regards, BR
Bernhard Rupp (Hofkristallrat a. D)
001 (925) 209-7429