<COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Paul Emsley <pems...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 6 April 2022 at 17:34
To: COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK <COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: [COOT] Coot-1 missing ssm
Thank you Tim.

As mentioned in the Release Notes, it's quite likely that it will fail
to compile Python and/or PyGObject.

If anyone can tell me how to do it, I'd be grateful - I've probably
spent over 10 hours trying to get the thing to work.

Python needs _ctypes to compile - to do that it needs libffi. libffi is
built by the script but I don't see how to link with it.

Without ctypes, pip and meson don't work.

Paul.

On 06/04/2022 12:26, Tim Gruene wrote:
> Hi Sabine,
>
> Paul provides a build script
> https://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/pemsley/coot/web/build-install-coot-from-scratch.html
> which takes care of the additional packages required to compile coot.
> That's much easier than running configure from the coot source tar and
> trying to fix the missing parts yourself.
>
> Best,
> Tim
>
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 11:59:33 +0200 Sabine Schneider
> <sabine.schnei...@cup.lmu.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am using Centos Stream and tried to install coot-1, but failed due
>> to an error: "ssm not found" (see below)
>> I resolved the missing mmdb2 by installing the package from source,
>> but I cannot find libSSM anywhere. Can someone point me in the right
>> direction?
>>
>> checking for LIBPNG... yes
>> checking for CAIRO... yes
>> checking for SQLite3... no
>> checking for mmdb2... yes
>> checking for ssm... no
>> configure: error: in `/home/sabine/progs/coot-1':
>> configure: error: ssm not found
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> Sabine

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named
recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and
Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of
this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient
should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the
attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which
the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.