On 30/04/2022 20:13, Xavier Brazzolotto wrote:
I’ve did some cleanup. Installed Phenix and CCP4-8.0 many times.
I’ve removed my Homebrew to remove all traces of my tests with Coot v1-pre.

I did some Phenixbb archeology and a similar issue has been reported in 2014 and probably solved by changing the path of Coot.

Here I’ve changed multiple times using /Applications/CCP4-8.0/Coot.app or /Applications/CCP4-8.0/Coot.app/Contents/MacOS/coot In this case Coot starts but does not automatically open model and maps and in find myself in a folder not related to the Phenix projet. No « connected to Phenix » appears. If I load a model and maps, then RSR is functional meaning that Coot has has loaded its restraints library for the residues but no ligand cif is injected…

If I change the path to /Applications/CCP4-8.0/bin/coot or /Applications/CCP4-8.0/coot_py2/bin/coot, Coot starts with the « connected to Phenix » tab. Coot automatically opens model and maps and works in the Phenix project folder. But the residues restraints library is not loaded, RSR does not work (only the RSR of an injected ligand works)…

My guess is that there is (or was) an issue with the packaging of Coot in CCP4 8.0. I just tried to start coot from there now and it seems to be resolved.

I don't know about how Phenix injects Coot with restraint dictionaries (curious to learn though).

Paul.