I use the sphere refine in coot all the time. It's great. And when I turn on
'Environmental Distances'. I can see the H-bonding to the residue. Great. I
have recently been using Isolde in ChimeraX to fit 3 A CryoEM density. When I
select a residue, turn on H-bonding, it shows all the nearest H-bonding. And
when I run the MD to fix up the problems, the H-bonds move in real time with
the MD. Thus I can see where the H-bonds of a neighbor may in fact be messing
up the phi/psi in question.  Sometimes it is a sidechain that decides to pick a
fight with the backbone. Pulling on the offending group can resolve the
phi/psi. This is especially true of beta sheets with its alternating peptide
bonds.
My question is, can coot display the H bonds within a 'sphere refine' radius so
I can see all the H-bonding, and watch it more in real time. Is there a
'radius' parameter for 'environmental distances'?
thanks
kas
p.s. coot is so powerful I keep learning new things the more I use it. Thanks
Paul.

Kenneth A. Satyshur, M.S., Ph.D.

Senior Scientist,

College of Ag and Life Sciences: Department of Bacteriology;

School of Medicine and Public Health:

Departments of Biomolecular Chemistry,

Neuroscience, Oncology, and Carbone Cancer Center

(Small Molecule Screening Facility)

University of Wisconsin-Madison

Madison, Wisconsin, 53706

608-215-5207