On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 16:31, Xueming Shen<xueming.s...@sun.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the comment. webrev has been updated accordingly. Flush class is
> a quick hack to verify the
> change, it needs to be auto run one if putback.

Perhaps you would like to take Brandon's test InflateIn_DeflateOut.java?

> We might want to separate the proposed "incompatible" change of DOS.flush()
> into a separate rfe/bug,

Aside from incompatibility, some users might want SYNC_FLUSH,
some might want FULL_FLUSH.  I think it's too big a change.
So just add a new method on DeflaterOutputStream to sync flush
current output.

> if we can not have a consensus if we should change the existing/default
> behavior, and integrate the change
> of Deflater first after we all agree on the interface. IIS.isAvailable()
> definitely is a separate issue.

I think others have tried and failed to change the behavior of
various isAvailable methods in the past.

Compatibility sucks, but users love it.

---

Given that you, Xueming are the current nominal owner of java.util.zip,
and we can't include both fixes in the JDK,
perhaps you would like to drive this, while getting input from us,
and being able to use anything from our fix?

Martin