2009/9/10 Ulf Zibis <ulf.zi...@gmx.de>:
> Am 10.09.2009 01:54, Stephen Colebourne schrieb:
>>
>> There is also a case for methods to convert arrays of wrappers to
>> arrays of primitives.
>>

> +1
> - I guess, you mean also vice versa
> - Maybe would become superfluous, if HotSpot internally would compile to
> primitive arrays. (just a raw thought)

Except that what's being proposed here results in a spec. change and
will be available regardless of VM.  We shouldn't go on relying on
features of certain VMs.
There are other VMs than HotSpot you know! :)

--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8