On 03/27/11 14:29, Alan Bateman wrote:
Mandy Chung wrote:

7024172: Move BufferPoolMXBean and PlatformLoggingMXBean to java.lang.management

Webrev at:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk7/7024172/webrev.00/
javadoc at:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk7/7024172/api

I've reviewed the changes, I'm sure Éamonn will too. Mostly look okay to me, with a couple of small comments.

In Managamenet.getPlatformMXBean (L647 and L723) it relies on PlatformComponent.getSingletonMXBean throwing IAE. It might be more obvious to use isSingleton instead and to throw the IAE if not.

I cleaned that up.

ManagementFactoryHelper L148 - is this LoggingMXBean interface needed (just wondering if PlatformLoggingImpl could just instead implement PlatformLoggingMXBean and j.u.logging.LoggingMXBean).

This LoggingMXBean is needed to create a compliant MXBean; otherwise, if PlatformLoggingImpl implements PlatformLoggingMXBean and j.u.logging.LoggingMXBean directly, MBeanServer will throw a NonCompliantMBeanException. As specified in the MXBean, http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/management/MXBean.html#mxbean-def

If an object implements two MXBean interfaces, it is a non-compliant MXBean or it extends StandardMBean.

I added the comment to explain this.

PlatformLoggingMXBean.getLoggerNames reads "Returns the list of currently registered loggers" where as it is actually the list of the names of the registered loggers.

Minor inconsistency in PlatformLoggingMXBean in that two of the methods have spaces around the parameters, whereas the other two don't.

Fixed.

Here is the latest webrev:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk7/7024172/webrev.01/

Thanks