Xueming Shen wrote:
Dave, Alan,

Here is the final webrev based on Dave's patch and the jdk1.5 code that does not have the change for 6206933. JPRT job result suggests no new testing failure and my "non-scientific" benchmark test (to use GZIPOu/InputStream to compress/ decompress the rt.jar) does show relative performance gain. Will try to run more
tests the weekend, but here is the webrev.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/6751338/webrev/
I went through the webrev and also checked the old (pre-OpenJDK) code from before the changes for 6206933. The changes look okay to me. When testing with HotSpot then running with +PrintGCDetails and +PrintJNIGCStalls may be useful.

One comment on the FlaterCriticalArray.java test is that it might be better to push this without the jtreg tags as the @ignore will cause it to be reported by jtreg as an "error". On the naming then maybe InflateDelatePerf.java might be better.

-Alan