On 04/15/2011 10:55 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
 On 04/15/11 13:41, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:
On 4/15/2011 1:12 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
 Hi Remi,

On 04/15/11 11:05, Rémi Forax wrote:
Hi Mandy,
if fc.close() throws an IOException , it goes wrong.
I think you need to put fc.close() in its own a try/catch(IOException).

That's a good point. I think it should throw IOException if anything goes wrong with fc.close(). Revised the fix:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk7/7032589/webrev.01/

Thumbs up on this version.

Thanks for the review.

Agreed that this bug should address the leak and that a new
bug should be opened for the possible locking issue.

I created a CR 7037134: Potential writing to the same log file by multiple processes

Mandy

Hi Mandy,
Minor nit, initializing available when declaring it is not necessary because both
path (with or without exception) initialize it later.

otherwise, I'm Ok with the patch.

Rémi