On 08/ 9/11 05:18 PM, Jim Holmlund wrote:
Will this work on older versions of cygwin?  Or do we have a spec
someplace that says cygwin versions older than xxxx aren't supported?

I have not seen any docs/spec anywhere for support of /dev/null in specific Cygwin releases, but I did test on 1.5 and 1.7.9 and MKS, and all went fine.

http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html

I didn't have time to submit a jprt job on this, but tested on Windows Cygwin/MKS, Solaris, and Linux. I believe the TL integrator will be doing a full jprt run later today. If we don't see a few hundred failures then we should be good ;-)

-Chris.

- jjh