On 17:11 Tue 02 Aug     , Alan Bateman wrote:
> Xuelei Fan wrote:
> > :
> > 1. I noticed the copyright date of a few files are unchanged, please
> > update them before you push the changes.
> >
> This has come up a few times but I don't think it is strictly required.
> Kelly or one of the release engineers run a script over the forest
> periodically to fix up the date range. The nice thing (in my view
> anyway) about not changing the headers is that it avoids clutter in the
> patch and webrev. It also makes it a bit easier to transport patches to
> other releases.

I was thinking the same thing.  Copyright header changes mixed into other
patches are a nightmare as regards backporting.

--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://icedtea.classpath.org
PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D  0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37