Hi Mandy --

On 09/06/11 17:49, Mandy Chung wrote:
Hi Ramki,

I reviewed the JDK webrev:
JDK webrev:   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysr/4965777/jdk/webrev/

The change looks good.  I ran the JCK tests on solaris-i586
that I can reproduce the bug with JDK 7 and verify that they pass
with your fix.

Thanks for the review, the testing and for your help with this CR.

It'd be good to write a regression test for this bug to be included
in the jdk fix.  I can help writing it if you want.

Yes, that would be great if you could help write that, Mandy.
I'll contact you off-line on that.

I didn't review the hotspot change but had a quick scan on it.
There is a typo "ir" in referenceProcessor.hpp L302 that I think you
meant "or"

302   // and thus whether ir not it uses the discovered field to chain

I'll fix that.

-- ramki

Thanks for fixing this long standing bug.
Mandy