On 10/25/11 12:51 PM, David Holmes wrote:
On 25/10/2011 9:39 PM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
On 10/25/11 12:26 PM, David Holmes wrote:

I suspect this is another case of a partial build causing files to be
compiled with different settings. I'll try another clean build.

Yeap, kinda but officially the other way around ;-) A full build for me
is ok, but when I clobber nio ('cd make/java/nio' 'make clobber') and
rebuild just nio ('cd make/java/nio' 'make') I can see the problem. It
looks like this class is being implicitly compiled earlier in the build
process, and by a makefile without -Werror.

Yep that's the scenario. I've actually seen lots of warnings doing
partial builds. I guess if we turn -Werror on everywhere they will all
be exposed.

Sasha, Kurchi, and others, are making their way through the core libraries area fixing all the javac warnings. They are enabling -Werror once they complete a specific area to ensure warnings don't creep back in. I guess because some of these classes were not being recompiled by the java/nio makefile this just slipped through. Eventually, the goal will be to compile everything with -Werror :-) Happy days!

-Chris.

Thanks,
David

In fact, I see a few other warnings:

./../../src/share/classes/java/nio/charset/Charset.java:438: warning:
[rawtypes] found raw type: Class
Class epc
^
missing type arguments for generic class Class<T>
where T is a type-variable:
T extends Object declared in class Class
error: warnings found and -Werror specified
../../../src/share/classes/sun/nio/ch/Util.java:366: warning: [rawtypes]
found raw type: Class
new Class[] { int.class,
^
missing type arguments for generic class Class<T>
where T is a type-variable:
T extends Object declared in class Class
../../../src/share/classes/sun/nio/ch/Util.java:411: warning: [rawtypes]
found raw type: Class
new Class[] { int.class,
^
missing type arguments for generic class Class<T>
where T is a type-variable:
T extends Object declared in class Class
1 error
3 warnings
make381: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1

I'll file a CR and have this fixed.

-Chris.

Thanks,
David