On 11/29/11 06:19 PM, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
Looks good to me

Me too.

Just one minor opportunity for use of <> in ObjectInputStream

< Class<?>[] classObjs = new Class<*?*>[interfaces.length];
---
> Class<?>[] classObjs = new Class<>[interfaces.length];

-Chris.

Best
Lance
On Nov 29, 2011, at 11:10 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:

I don't have time on Thursday to get involved in the warnings fest [1]. However
I would like to contribute something and to that end the following webrev
proposes changes to eliminate the warnings from several classes including
java.rmi.**, the serialization classes, and several core classes:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/7116404/webrev/

The changes are mostly trivial, and mostly to raw type usages. One tricky one
ObjectInputStream.readEnum where I had to use a raw type (Maurizio and I
chatted about this one and there doesn't seem to be a better workaround). There
is one non-warnings change in java.rmi.server.LogStream where I replaced a
usage of legacy Hashtable with a HashMap.

-Alan.

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8-dev/2011-November/000302.html

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
lance.ander...@oracle.com