On May 1, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Rémi Forax wrote:

>>> Yes, we discuss about zip/unzip, and what we call BiStream.
>>> unzip is the other name of interleave.
>>>

>> Would that require the creation of an intermediate object that holds two
>> values?
>
> or reuse Map.Entry.
> That are the two reasonable choices.

I was questioning whether the creation of such objects are necessary, not the
definition of a class of such an object.

i.e. while zip/unzip could be used it does not seem particular efficient for
the interleave use-case (especially when three or more streams are interleaved).

> Paul, I think this discussion should be moved to lambda-dev.
> It will be more fruitful.

Given the context with core libraries i kept it on the same list for now.

Paul.