Hi Chris,

That's right. The only non-cleanup change is the one in the merge.

Regarding the test case,  I will re-write them in order to generate the
jars on fly. I'd scanned the jdk/test folder and found a few jars, that's
why I included them.  I have seen your test case, I will use it as a sample.

I had not seen your comment in the bug report. Maybe there are other cases
which trigger the InvalidJarIndexException, but, as far as I could see, the
validIndex method checks that at least one entry of the jar matches the
target path found in the index. If directory entries are not present in the
jar, stripped paths generated during the merge and used by the index will
return jars which may not contain entries for them, triggering the
exception.
When all directory entries are present, if a jar contains an entry for
"xxx/yyy/resource.file", it  will contain entries for "xxx", "xxx/yyy"  and
"xxx/yyy/resource.file".

Best,
Diego