Hi Mandy,

I don't understand your second sentence.  Could you please clarify?

Thanks,
    Jim

On 10/29/2012 06:05 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
Jim,

The logging deadlock issue is subtle and complex. Do we have a test case that verifies your fix that is deadlock-free?

I can't tell for sure but looks like it smells the potential deadlock if Logger.getGlobal() triggers the LogManager class initialization but LogManager.<clinit> calls Logger.getLogger().setLogManager().

Maybe you already see this - 4994705 may give you some idea of the deadlock problem.

Hope this helps.
Mandy