I would like to start review discussion of the spec changes to ForkJoinXXX ( add a default common pool, task tags, and other minor updates ), and the addition of CountedCompleter, as part of part of JEP 155 [1].

These changes are of course coming form Doug and the JSR 166 EG members. I have done a quick sanity review, and the changes reflect what is in Doug's CVS. I need to spend more time reviewing myself, others on the list have more experience with these new API already and may have valuable feedback.

Depending on how the discussion goes, this thread may have to move/include the concurrency-interest list, but I think we at least need to get things started here.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8002356/specdiff/java/util/concurrent/package-summary.html

-Chris.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/155