There's a quick trick that guarantees in-lining of get/set/remove:

    public static class FastThreadLocal<T> extends ThreadLocal<T> {
        @Override
        public final T get() { return super.get(); }

        @Override
        public final void set(T value) { super.set(value); }

        @Override
        public final void remove() { super.remove(); }
    }

....just use static type FastThreadLocal everywhere in code.

I tried it and it works.

Regards, Peter