Am 11.01.2013 23:53, schrieb Christian Thalinger:
But you guys noticed that sentence in the initial review request, right?

"Move encoding loop into separate method for which VM will use intrinsic on
x86."

Just wanted to make sure ;-)

Good question Christian!

This is, how it shows up to me:
1) The bug synopsis is unspecific about intrinsc, so ...
2) the mentioned 1st sentence could be one of many solutions.
3) bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6896617 ==> This bug is not
available.
4) What specific operation should be done by the intrinsic, i.e. is there a fixed API for that method ???
5) Can an intrinsic write back more than 1 value (see my hack via int[] p) ?
6) Vladimir's webrev shows an integer as return type for that method, I've added a variant with boolean return type, and the code from my last approach could be transformed to a method with Object return type.

... so waiting for Vladimir's feedback :-[
(especially on performance/hsdis results)

(Can someone push the bug to the public?)

-Ulf