On 2/25/2013 8:30 AM, Nils Loodin wrote:
I changed it to

sun.throwables.numThrowables

in http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~nloodin/8007806/webrev.01/

Is this better? However, bear in mind that it's not exactly specified where this is going to be incremented from yet. Nothing in this change states that it's going to be incremented from the Throwable constructor.

I'm surprised to see adding a performance counter for an "external" instrumentation agent to use. I understand that we agree that dynamic bytecode instrumentation is a more appropriate approach to instrument and count the number of thrown throwables. I guess I am missing the big picture how you want the serviceability tools (jstat etc) to work with the perf counters and tracing events.

Mandy