On 03/04/2013 02:28 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 28/02/2013 19:31, mark.reinh...@oracle.com wrote:
:

[snip]

I did just notice that the annotation's source file is in the langtools
repo rather than the jdk repo.  What's the rationale for that? I think
most JDK developers would expect to find it in the jdk repo.

This is just build related as there are "supported" APIs in the langtools repository. I see Joe has added the already added the proposed annotation to com.sun.source.

Just on this point for now, the jdk repo would be the more natural home for the jdk.Supported annotation, but as Alan notes, we put jdk.Supported in langtools for bootstrapping purposes since we want to use Supported in langtools as well.

-Joe