Andrea,
I am running benchmarks on my laptop (i7 - 2 core 2.8Ghz + HT => 4 virtual
cpus) on linux 64 (fedora 14).
Note: I always use cpufrequtils to set the cpu governor to performance and
use fixed frequency = 2.8Ghz:
[bourgesl@jmmc-laurent ~]$ uname -a
Linux jmmc-laurent.obs.ujf-grenoble.fr 2.6.35.14-106.fc14.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed
Nov 23 13:07:52 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

2013/4/10 Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Laurent Bourgès <bourges.laur...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Also, this should be tested on multiple platforms, preferably Linux,
>> Windows and Mac to see how it is affected by differences in the platform
>> runtimes and threading (hopefully minimal).
>>
>> It appears more difficult for me: I can use at work a mac 10.8 and I can
>> run Windows XP within virtual box (but it is not very representative).
>>

> I believe I can run MapBench on my Linux 64bit box during the next
> weekend, that would add a platform, and one were the
> server side behavior is enabled by default. And hopefully run the other
> benchmark as well.

I also run j2DBench but I can try also Java2D.demos to perform regression
tests.

> Laurent, have you made any changes to MapBench since I've sent it to you?

Yes I fixed a bit (cached BasicStroke, reused BufferedImage / Graphics) and
added explicit GC before tests (same initial conditions):
http://jmmc.fr/~bourgesl/share/java2d-pisces/MapBench/

Look at
MapBench-src.zip<http://jmmc.fr/%7Ebourgesl/share/java2d-pisces/MapBench/MapBench-src.zip>for
test changes.