Hi Eric,

Thanks for fixing the test failures. I recently reviewed your changes. And I like your idea to add a base dir to restrict the test only touching files/directories that are created by itself to avoid the interferences from the OS or other test activities.

And in Line 341 of General.java, I notice you make the code return if it tries to test baseDir or its ascendant directories, which reduces the test coverage. Since GeneralWin32.java knows its max tree depth, I think you can make the baseDir deep enough in the prepared directory structure so that the test can still run inside the testing directories even if it visits the baseDir's ascendant directories. One idea is to make the max depth as a parameter of initTestData(), and this method can intelligently return an appropriate baseDir basing on it.

After the above change, you can move the baseDir and userDir back to GeneralWin32.java to make the two classes loosely coupled.

In the changes, the usages of NIO classes are not necessary. The test is against java.io packages, and it is better to keep it clean in case it might be used to test old jdk version which does not have NIO.

Before the test ends, it is better to clean the testing files and directories which are created at the beginning. Thanks!

-Dan