Please review http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jgish/Bug7184195-global-logger-failure.1/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejgish/Bug7184195-global-logger-failure.1/>

This is a simple fix that removes a long-standing bug in acquiring a using the global Logger in which Logger.getGlobal().info() (for example), would not log without additional configuration that would trigger LogManager initialization. I have also added a test to reassure us that I have not introduced a deadlock between LogManager initialization and getting the global logger.

In addition, I've introduced a utility class I developed during a recent fix to a logging deadlock, which helps us detect and report on the details of a deadlock.

Thanks,
   Jim

--
Jim Gish | Consulting Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.0304
Oracle Java Platform Group | Core Libraries Team