Will do Alan, thanks. If its ok I'll just do this with the push as opposed to posting another review.

    -Rob

On 24/05/13 18:06, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 24/05/2013 17:50, Rob McKenna wrote:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~robm/7038105/webrev.03/

    -Rob
Good, it's right now.

Just a few comment comments:

- I'd suggest changing the comment on the function to something like "Read and return the attributes of the final target" as "special cases" is a bit confusing.

- The comment on line 230 says "pagefile.sys is a special case" but this covers all sharing issues now so I suggest removing it.

- For L230/231 then it might be clearer as:

   } else if (GetLastError() == ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION) {

but that just a preference thing, what you have is okay too.

-Alan.