On 04/06/2013 23:57, Seán Coffey wrote:
The com.sun.corba.se.impl package is a private package. The API is subject to change at any time and no 3rd party code should be using it. As a result, I'd like to add it to the package restricted list. I've run our internal CORBA SQE testsuite against the proposed change and didn't see any issues.

bug report : http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8000450
webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8000450.jdk8/

I plan to port the same change to jdk7u.
Nobody should be using com.sun.corba.se.impl directly so the change looks good to me.

The @summary in the tests suggests it was originally written for JAXP so if the test scope is extended then that summary will need to be updated. I also note that the test only uses checkPackageAccess so I don't think it actually checks entries on the package.definitions list. We should probably write a more complete test, although I'm not suggest you have to do this here.

-Alan