Hi,

On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 09:25 +0200, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 15:53 -0700, Mandy Chung wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for the detailed analysis.
> > > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8014890/webrev/
> >
> > The fix looks good.  I was able to reproduce the failure with the
> > test case in the bug report running with jdk8 b94 fastdebug build.
> > But the new regression test doesn't fail (I tried solaris-i586).
> > Did it fail on your system?
> >

> Yes, 100% on my developer machine. I will try to modify it to make it
> fail on more machines (increase number of runs).

With 1000 runs (from 100) I can reproduce on

product/win32, fastdebug+product/linux-x86_64, fastdebug+product/win64,
fastdebug+product/linux-x86, fastdebug+product/solaris-x86, fastdebug
+product/solaris-sparc...

Still a few platforms, i.e. some fastdebug platforms, do not reproduce
the failure. This

With 100 runs I do not get that many platforms to fail. I will change
the number of iterations to 1000 by default.

When writing the test I was trying to make the test run as quickly as
possible while still showing the issue. I probably went too far in the
"being quick" direction.

I updated the webrev (just the change for the number of iterations from
100 to 1000 in the test program). Its runtime is still only a few
seconds.

Thomas