Jon, it's not a problem with the method docs, per se. The issue is about
how the generation isn't documented. My questioning started because I was
using several enums without javadoc available, but I did have the source
available, and couldn't figure out how the method came to be. Since I've
asked, everyone knew (but me!) it was a generated method, but I couldn't
divine that knowledge.

My recommendation is to add an @implNote on Enum.valueOf(Class, String) so
that people know each subclass will get a generated method that behaves
similarly. What do you think?

--
Cheers,
Paul