On 09/19/2013 01:00 AM, Henry Jen wrote:

Class names can contain '\' and other characters which are problematic
on Windows.

Thanks for reviewing, I suspect you are pointing out a potential issue
to look at, not that the problem exists in current implementation.

According to JLS 3.8, the classname(an identifier) can only have
letters, digits, plus '_' and '$'.

You need to look at the JVM specification, there are only very few characters it excludes. The restrictions come from javac, not the JVM. For example, on Linux, "java '\'" will load a \.class file and run it (yes, I tried).