On 15/10/2013 5:19 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Adding awt-dev...

The change looks okay to me but I would suggest sending to awt-dev so
that the folks that maintain this area know about it.

On the test then does initializing SunToolkit cause AWT to be
initialized? I just wonder if this test will run headless.

-Alan.

Hi,

Please find below a fix for:

    8026404: Logging in Applet can trigger ACE:
          access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission"
          "modifyThreadGroup")

In some circumstances the call to JavaAWTAccess.getAppletContext()
will trigger a call to ecx.threadGroup.getParent() == null
The trouble is that this call will require a "modifyThreadGroup"
permission if it happens that ecx.threadGroup.getParent() is
the root thread group.

The fix for that is simple - the call to
     ecx.threadGroup.getParent() == null
needs to be done within a doPrivileged:

Doesn't the absence of the permission indicate that this can't be the mainAppContext? Just wondering if catching the security exception was an alternative - not that I see any issue with the doPrivileged in this case.

<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8026404/webrev.00/>

The reg test fails without the fix and passes with it.

Test nit: while(rootTG  <- need a space after while

Thanks for keeping TEST.groups up to date!

David

best regards,

-- daniel