On 14/12/2013 11:25, Peter Levart wrote:

It's unfortunate that a lambda debugging feature prevents us from using a basic language feature in j.u.logging code. As far as I know, java.lang.invoke.ProxyClassesDumper is only used if 'jdk.internal.lambda.dumpProxyClasses' system property is set to point to a directory where lambda proxy class files are to be dumped as they are generated - a debugging hook therefore. Wouldn't it be good-enough if error messages about not-being able to set-up/use the dump facility were output to System.err directly - not using PlatformLogger at all?
It is unfortunate although my comment was mostly thinking about the String.format usages when generating proxy classes. It may be that they can be changed (we've had to back off on at least one case of using method handles because of this).

-Alan