Robert, If you can create a micro benchmark that fools all of the core-libs-dev
or real world benchmark that actually shows performance improvements you might
be able to get this patch in to the source code.

Previous attempts are covered under
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4375522 and
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6383986.

Looks like this latest version is covered under
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8025706.  If 8025706 arrives at the
same conclusion as the previous attempts maybe some comments should be added to
explain what is not present in the code.

Jason