Martin, Mike,

Totally agree with everything that has been said on this.  Leaving it
'unresolved' or 'closed as will not fix' won't bother me.

Mike has it listed as a 'doc clarification only' so my suggestion toward a
resolution would be to modify AbstractList.subList documentation with a spec
implementation note.

Might be worth adding to the bug report that AbstractList.removeRange doesn't
detect or specify that exceptions are thrown when 'to' is less than 'from' but,
ArrayList.removeRange overrides AbstactList.removeRange with an implementation
that detects and throws IOOBE.  Might want to add an optional IOOBE exception
to AbstractList.removeRange documentation when this patch is attempted.

Jason