Hi,

could you please review the following tiny change which fixes a
problem in Objects.requireNonNull:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/8033909/

The problem is that Objects.requireNonNull(T, Supplier) does not check
for the Supplier argument being null. Instead it relies on the fact,
that the VM will implicitly throw a NullPointerException while trying
to call .get on the Supplier argument during the creation of the
explicit NullPointerException which is supposed to be thrown by
Objects.requireNonNull(T, Supplier) for a null T argument.

This makes the behavior of Objects.requireNonNull(T, Supplier)
slightly different from the one of the overladed
Objects.requireNonNull(T, String) version. The latter one always
throws a NPE with a null message in the case where the String argument
is null. For the first one, it depends on the implementation of the VM
whether the trown NPE will have a null message or not (i.e. the VM is
free to create a NPE with an arbitrary message).

The bug report mentions that this behavior makes it hard to develop a
conformance test for the scenario and suggests to tweak the JavaDoc of
Objects.requireNonNull(T, Supplier) such that it allows NPE with an
unspecified message.

However, I think the easiest fix is to just check for the supplier
object beeing null and explicitely creating a NPE with a null message
in that case. This will align the behavior of
Objects.requireNonNull(T, Supplier) with that of
Objects.requireNonNull(T, String). Also notice that the extra
null-check is only performed if the object argument T of
Objects.requireNonNull(T, Supplier) is null, which should be the
unusual case anyway. I therefore don't expect this change to have any
negative performance impact.

This webrev is for jdk9, but I think it should be also downported to jdk8.

Thank you and best regards,
Volker