Subject: Re: RFR: 8035584: (s) ArrayList(c) should avoid inflation if c is empty
From: mike.dui...@oracle.com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:41:00 -0700
CC: marti...@google.com; core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net
To: jason_mehr...@hotmail.com

Hi Jason,'
Using isEmpty() was intended to save the array creation but you make a valid
point regarding correctness. I have amended the webrev. This handling suggests
that it would useful for implementation to cache the empty result for toArray()
and I have also added this to ArrayList's toArray.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mduigou/JDK-8035584/3/webrev/
Mike