Hi Martin, Roger,

Just a thought. Would it be feasible to have two (ore more) built-in strategies, selectable by system property? A backwards compatible tread per child, using waitpid(pid, ...), a single reaper thread using waitpid(-1, ...), maybe also single threaded strategy accessible only on Linux/Solaris using waitid(-1, ..., WNOWAIT)... All packed nicely in a package-private interface (ProcessReaper) with multiple implementations?

Regards, Peter