On Jun 3, 2015, at 6:18 PM, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
> As this code path is only for the default provider case then there's a good
> chance that it will be a FileChannelImpl, in which case you can call its
> unmap method (directly or via a shared secret). It is possible to interpose
> on the default provider so you can't be guaranteed it is a FileChannelImpl of
> course.

Not yet done. I would like to revisit this as a separate issue if i may.

> In passing, you might consider moving  ByteBufferLinesSpliterator to its own
> source file because Files is getting very big.

Done.

I am going to revisit the set of support charsets at another time. For the
moment i have limited to a subset of standard charsets.

Also the file lines test tickled a bug in the stream test library, it was not
closing streams, which becomes an issue when ~15000 tests are executed leaving
the process with no more file descriptors:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/JDK-8072773-File-lines/webrev/

Paul.