On Jun 30, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Daniel Fuchs <daniel.fu...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 29/06/15 20:06, huizhe wang wrote:
>> Maybe it's better to live with PrivilegedAction<ClassLoader> and
>> PrivilegedAction<String> instead?  I'm using NetBeans 8.0.2, it looks
>> like it doesn't support "source level" beyond JDK 1.8. It's a bit
>> bothersome to have "red flags". Plus, we won't be able to build with JDK
>> 8.  What would you think?
>
> OK - let's be NetBeans-8 friendly for now - I also dislike
> the false positive red flags.
> We can revisit when IDE support is a bit more mature.

I am beseech you not to do that!

Unless there is a really strong reason why JAXP 8 code should be the same as
JAXP 9 code we should be able to leverage new language and API features. I
don't know of any such reason, so assuming that we should not treat JAXP code
any differently from other JDK code where such changes have already been made
and from which you will get squiggly red lines.

The right approach to getting rid of those squiggly red lines is to contact
your friendly IDE developer and encourage them to support such features in an
EA build.

Paul.