On 2016-02-10 02:03, Paul Sandoz wrote:
On 10 Feb 2016, at 04:42, Mikael Vidstedt <mikael.vidst...@oracle.com> wrote:

Can I please get a quick review of these updated webrevs:

hotspot:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8141491/webrev.05/hotspot/webrev/
jdk: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8141491/webrev.05/jdk/webrev/

incremental webrevs:

hotspot:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8141491/webrev.05.incr/hotspot/webrev/
jdk:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8141491/webrev.05.incr/jdk/webrev/

+1

I agree with David on the JavaDoc, but that could be followed up with any
future changes, including potentially the removal of wrapping methods in
Bits.java, since buffers any way use Unsafe the wrappers now appear to offer
little value.

I'm planning on cleaning up Unsafe.java pretty significantly in a separate change, so I will add the relevant javadocs as part of that. I'll also file a separate enhancement to remove the Bits wrappers.

Thanks,
Mikael

Paul.

Changes:

* Added asserts in copy.cpp/conjoint_swap
* Correctness: Moved offset sign checks to only be performed if corresponding
base object is null, and added corresponding tests

I'm about to make additional changes in this same area, so unless this last
change is horribly broken I'm planning on pushing this and doing any additional
cleanup in the upcoming change(s).

Cheers,
Mikael