From: huizhe wang [mailto:huizhe.w...@oracle.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 16. Februar 2016 21:03
To: Langer, Christoph <christoph.lan...@sap.com>
Cc: core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: JDK 9 RFR of JDK-8149915: enabling validate-annotations feature
for xsd schema with annotation causes NPE

Hi Christoph,

At initialization of XSDHandler (in reset), note there are two local
variables for the security / property manager, change them to instance
variables, then when you need to create annotation validator, set both
on the validator, e.g.:

         fAnnotationValidator.setProperty(SECURITY_MANAGER,
fSecurityManager);
fAnnotationValidator.setProperty(XML_SECURITY_PROPERTY_MANAGER,
fSecurityPropertyMgr);

That should fix the issue.

There are a bunch of rawtypes/unchecked warnings in this class, bonus
but not required :-)

For the test, in the past (jaxp standalone), we've created tests for
each issue, nowadays we'd prefer to consolidate them. We don't have
"SchemaTest" yet, so you may name the test "SchemaTest", then for the
@summary, make it general, e.g. "Test Schema creation", and move the
specific comment to the test case and make it specific to the issue:

    /*
     * @bug 8149915
     * Verifies that the annotation validator is initialized with the security
manager for schema
     * creation with http://apache.org/xml/features/validate-annotations=true.
     */

     @Test
     public void testValidation() throws Exception {

The test is new, the copyright year would be "2016," instead of "2014,
2016,".

Best,
Joe