On 15 Jun 2016, at 14:30, Claes Redestad <claes.redes...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after VM.java was encapsulated and moved from sun.misc to jdk.internal.misc,
> the rationale for keeping a number of deprecated methods and constants no
> longer applies and these methods should be removed:
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8159590/webrev.01/

I had forgotten that there was a public API, ThreadGroup, that exposed some
of this functionality.  Sadly I think that we may have to keep this, for now,
and
remove it in 10.

ThreadGroup::allowThreadSuspension should, however, have its @Deprecated
annotation updated with ‘forRemoval = true’, then removed early in 10.

I can’t remember if this was on Stuarts list or not, but I think it is ok to do
it
separately anyway.

-Chris.